Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Writerly things!



So, I realize that I post an absurd amount of links to this blog. But the internet is a vast and scarily interesting place, and I like to explore; moreover, I like to take others with me. You know, in case of sudden e-bear attack. (The survival instinct is strong within me; I'm a true northern Canadian.)

One of the funnest places to internet-stalk is McSweeney's website. It has a tremendous amount of cool things on it. One of these tremendously cool things is http://www.mcsweeneys.net/2006/5/4wiencek.html, also known as Thirteen Writing Prompts, by Dan Wiencek.

My goal? Is to write all of these prompts in the next 13 days. I can already feel that it is a mistake. Ah well. Man-yacks as they say. Or perhaps that's just me. And if anyone feels like joining in, it'd be like a party! Well, not really. Only in my head.

The first of these prompts is: Write a scene showing a man and a woman arguing over the man's friendship with a former girlfriend. Do not mention the girlfriend, the man, the woman, or the argument.

My response = tomorrow.

4 comments:

DJH said...

Haha, funny. Especially #s 2 & 5.

Anonymous said...

petra! post more!

DJH said...

Yeah! Tomorrow was like 5 yesterdays ago.

Petra said...

man-yacks, i say. man-yacks!!!! ...my postings are directly influenced by the a) the amount of coffee in my system, b) the amount of sleep i've gotten in the last 24 hrs, c) how much stuff i've got due and will fail if don't finish them.

plus, i justify unfulfilled 'tomorrow' promises by reassuring myself that tomorrow really never arrives. much like my mother's approval.